Rehearsals in Stadium Tomorrow. Arrive 7:45am for temp checks. Bring masks. Ends at 5.

Mike Allen

Aug 1, 2021, 3:11:19 PM8/1/21
Dear Band Family:
Tomorrow's Spirit Day theme will be Monochrome Day. Meaning, students should wear one color of their choice. Our rehearsals begin in the Stadium (not the band field) Monday. Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the start time to allow for check in protocols. All students should do wellness checks before arriving at rehearsal.
We will use the stadium and fields nearby the stadium behind the school this year. For sectionals, we will go inside the building. While inside, students must wear masks. We will maintain social distancing indoors as well.
Please fill out the Marching Chargers Commitment Form online and bring the following forms to camp. All of this information is at our website.

www.chargerbands.com
Please fill out or print and return the following:
1. Marching Chargers Commitment Form
2. Registration and Uniform Form
3. Summer/Fall Band Calendar with Permission Slip
4. Medical Form

Fees are waived or reduced for students with Free and Reduced Lunches. Scholarships are available by filling out the scholarship form located on the website and turning it in by the start of school.

Students should bring the following:
1. Their own water. Water bottles can be refilled at a water station, but the lines will be long. I recommend at least two bottles of water. 4 would be better.
2. A drawstring bag to hold water, snacks, sunscreen, music, lyer, flip folder, highlighter, and drill charts.
3. Athletic clothing, sunglasses, a hat, and No sandals or flip flops
4. Forms and Fees to be handed to a director at check-in
5. Either lunch to be eaten during the lunch break from noon to 1:30 or lunch money to buy lunch from any of the restaurants within walking distance.
6. Uniform fitting will happen each day during the lunch hour.

Our final day of camp will be a new experience this year. We have been invited to perform at the start of the Open House on Thursday, Aug 5th at 3PM. The Open House was scheduled on top of our last day of rehearsal by accident. When we realized this had happened, we turned it into an opportunity to promote the school and help add excitement to the Open House. Our Open House performance will start a few minutes before 3PM with our Pep Tunes and cheers. We will play all of our cheers, bleacher/hype/throw down tunes, as well as our field show. Once we have played all of our music, we will dismiss. Students will have the time between that short performance and 5:40 to return for our Parent Preview Performance in the Stadium. This will be the first time that parents will get to see the show from above the band in the bleachers. We will likely have plenty of alumni present as well. Having the stadium available to us is a gift and we are very excited for the opportunity!

Michael Allen and Matt Chesner
Band Directors
Champaign Centennial High School
alle...@u4sd.org
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.