Playoff Football Game This Coming Saturday, Nov 6th in the Stadium

Mike Allen

Oct 30, 2021, 6:50:15 PM10/30/21
Congratulations to the Charger Football Team! They won today and we will host the next round of playoffs in our stadium this coming Saturday, Nov 6th.

The time of the game and a few other details will be determined on Monday likely by noon. I will send another announcement as soon as I know times and exactly what we will be doing for the game.

Here are a few answers to your questions in advance:
-We will play for the entire game assuming the weather is good.
-The game will likely be held in the middle of the day.
-If we decide to perform the field show, we will likely wear full uniforms. If we do, we would go in to hang them up during 3rd quarter and come back to play 4th quarter to the end of the game. The decision to play the field show or not will be based on rehearsals, weather, and attendance. Since we didn't get to play the show during our awards night or finish the last movement of the show during senior night, we would like to play the entire show one more time.
-If we decide not to play the field show, we will stay in the bleachers and light up the stands with our pep tunes, some of our new pep tunes that we just started learning, drumline cheers and any other rowdy things we can think of. :-)
-Students will be expected to perform with the band this Saturday. We understand that several students will have prior commitments since we are just learning out this now. Students who have to work will be expected to find someone to cover for them once we know the times of the game. Students who have commitments that they can not adjust, will be excused. For example, the Illinois Music Education Association Jazz Festival is this Saturday. Those students who auditioned and won a spot in the jazz festival will be still attending the jazz festival. Swim Sectionals are this Saturday. Students who are participating in the Swim Sectionals will still go to Swim.

Please look for more details from me this Monday afternoon.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.