5PM Call Tomorrow's Home Game Full Uniforms. Staying to the End of the Game

Sett 9 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Mike Allen

ulest,
8. sep. 2022, 11:02:4108.09.2022
til Charger Bands
Dear Band Family:
I hope you are all doing well. The band students are proving to be focused every day. Here are several announcements and reminders of upcoming events.

- Tomorrow, we will wear our full uniforms for the first time. Call time is 5PM. Students need to wear their marching band t-shirts and lightweight shorts under their uniforms.
- Wind and percussion students need long black socks and their band shoes.
- Water donations can be dropped off with your student. We go through approximately 300 waters for any event.
- Students are getting better about picking up water bottles, but any volunteer help we can get to keep empty bottles off the field, track, and bleachers will be welcome.
- Volunteers for uniforms and pre-show plumage: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094aaba82fa2f94-volunteers
- After halftime, we will return to the bleachers to play for 4th quarter and to play the school song at the end of the game. Dismissal is estimated to be 9:30pm.

- Next Saturday, September 17th is the Monticello Marching Band Competition. We will compete against 18 other bands. We will meet at Centennial in lightweight shorts, band shirts, marching shoes, and long black socks at 1PM.
- 1PM rehearsal. Please make sure your student eats a good lunch before coming to school.
- We will need donations of snacks and water for both rehearsal and the competition. We will need approximately 600 waters that day.
- We will load buses around 3PM after practicing. We will watch other bands at 4PM. We will get dressed and start sectionals at 5:30.
- Performance time is 7:30PM. Since we are one of the largest bands, we perform at nearly the end.
- Return time is estimated to be 9PM. I will send a more accurate estimate next week.

- Tuesday, September 20th 5PM Call Time for the Combined Performance with Central and Urbana at Centennial.
- We are promoting this event in the community on TV, Radio, and Social Media to raise money for all three programs.
- We will wear full uniforms.
- Kona Ice and two other food trucks will be here.
- Donations will be accepted throughout the event. All money will be split between all three bands equally. If we raise $15,000 total to split between all three bands, I will dye my hair Silver and Blue. =:-)
- We are inviting the Mayors of Urbana and Champaign and all U4 Administrators to attend this showcase.
- We will only CHEER for the other bands. NO Booing will be allowed. Any student exhibiting poor sportsmanship will be asked to leave. We want to highlight what we believe are some of the best students in all three schools.

Thank you again for all of your support!

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.

Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye meldinger