This Saturday Senior Recognition Football Game vs Normal West

Mike Allen

Apr 7, 2021, 2:36:25 PM4/7/21
to Charger Bands
Dear Parents and Students:

The band had a huge impact last Saturday! Here are another couple quotes from some of the positive feedback I received.

Mike please let the band and parents know how important it is for them to be present Saturday. They provide sooooo much excitement and energy and truly helped make Saturday feel like the good old days. The band always has a ton of fun and that is contagious for all of our athletic events!!!
Kaleb Carter
Athletic Director/Assistant Principal
The Centennial High School
217-351-3988
913 Crescent Drive
Champaign, IL 61821
"If it ain't blue, it ain't true!"
Go Chargers

I can't rave enough about how great the band was Saturday. I am really looking forward to seeing you this Saturday and the wonderful celebration tunes!!!!! I was amazed at how the melodic tunes corresponded with the color guard, which was awesome within itself. You guys sounded and looked amazing!!!! I'm looking forward to showing Normal there isn't anything normal about us!!!!!!! see you Saturday GO BANDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR  #1 FAN
Cheryleta Cooney
Assistant Principal, Freshman Dean
Champaign Centennial High School

This Saturday, April 3rd Senior Recognition and Centennial vs Normal West home football game

Students will be responsible for their own music, lyre, flip folder, sunscreen, water (two or more bottles encouraged per student), snacks, and sunglasses. The weather forecast is for rain so we will pay attention to the forecast. I predict it will not rain until after halftime. :-)

All are invited to attend the game including parents, family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else you can think of. There is a cap of 1,000 people. They do not expect to reach that cap. However, the gates will keep a count and attendance will be first come, first serve.

Sectionals are optional and will begin at 11:30 AM by the stadium on the practice field by the trailers.... not the old band field.
Full Rehearsal will all band and flags will begin at 12:00 Noon at the same location.
After a 40 minute rehearsal, we will set up for pregame, the national anthem, the fight song, and bleacher tunes.
We will play throughout the game. We will play our halftime music and more at halftime. We will not go on the field. We will stay in the bleachers and on the track. The reason we are not going on the field is it would simply take too long for us to move while staying distanced.
We will continue to play to the end of the game after the students have a break. The game will end between 2:30 and 3:00.

Color Guard students will be encouraged to join in on everything on the track in front of the podiums with visuals, dances, and flag work!

Senior Color Guard, Winds, and Percussion will get more information regarding senior recognition as soon I get more details. We will have a form for you to fill out with your escort and your plans for next year. The recognition will take place either before the game or at halftime. Escorts will need to report to the stadium track prior to the recognition. As soon as I know, I will send out an email with detailed Senior information.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.