Gala Performances for all Band Students This Saturday and another set of performances next weekend Fri, and Sat

Mike Allen

Mar 31, 2022, 2:21:29 PM3/31/22
Dear Parents and Students,

Tickets to enter are a recommended donation of $5 for adults. Students get in free. Students should wear nice Spring Attire and plan to arrive at least an hour before they perform. We have had many more donations from students and families than we expected. This will make a great event for all! Thank you! We can still accept more tomorrow. :-)
 ---------- New times and details toward the bottom. The rest of this email is the same as what was sent out on March 25th in case anyone missed it.---------
This Saturday is our Centennial Band Spring Gala. This is a concert performance for the students and a fundraiser for the boosters. So far we have had items donated from the community that include a $3,500 Taylor 612ce guitar from The Upper Bout! We will be reaching out to more businesses for donations.

Please consider making a donation of a bake sale item, your time or BOTH!  Each family signing up for just one volunteer opportunity will make our fundraiser a success!
Here is a Sign Up Genius for families to help out.

Students can sign up for jobs here. You can add your name to the open spots. Do not remove any other student names. :-)

Parents:
If you or your family or your business would like to donate a basket to be bid on, please send it in tomorrow so we can make a silent auction bid card for your basket/donation. If you have an item you would like to donate, you can send it to school with your student and we will either list it independently or combine it in a basket with other items.

Students:
Your "Section Baskets" were due Wednesday, but we are still adding to them and making more baskets. All baskets are locked up in the band room.

We will move the percussion equipment during 4th, 5th, and 6th hour lunches/study halls on Friday.

Thank you for helping!!! We have a huge repair bill coming for our old inventory of instruments. County Market donated a Weber Grill yesterday. A very special Thank You goes out to the Gardner Family for donating $5,000 to purchase a Baritone Saxophone for the band!

Date: Saturday, April 2nd
Times:

5:30 Franklin Jazz Band

6:00 Jefferson Jazz Band

6:30 Centennial Jazz Band

7:00 Jesse Nguyen Combo

7:30 Centennial Jazz Ensemble

8:00 Centennial Concert Band

8:30 Centennial Symphonic

Location: Faith United Methodist Church Multipurpose Room
Attire: Students should wear nice, Spring clothes or Concert attire.

Other dates with Updated Times:
Friday, April 8th Central Gym Jazz Performances: Jazz Lab Band at 5:30PM and Jazz 1 at 8PM
Saturday, April 9th early AM All Band Students Performance Times:
    Saturday 10:15 AM - Symphonic Band - Warmup at 9:45 AM
    Saturday 10:45 AM - Jazz Ensemble - Warmup at 10:15 AM
    Saturday 11:00 AM - Concert Band - Warmup at 10:30 AM
    Saturday 11:45 AM - Jazz Lab Band - Warmup at 11:15 AM

Thursday, May 5th Spring Awards Concert 7PM in the auditorium at Centennial

Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for supporting the students in band at Centennial!

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.