Summer Band Dates: July 26 through Aug 5

Mike Allen

May 5, 2021, 4:41:27 PM5/5/21
Dear Parents

This summer's band rehearsal dates are set for July 26 through Aug 5th. The specifically assigned times will be based on CDC, IDPH, IHSA, and local administration's safety protocols following the general outline below.

-Monday through Friday July 26 - 30 9AM to Noon and 1:30 to 4:30. These three hour time blocks may be assigned to all students or rotating groups within the band based on protocols.
-Monday through Thursday Aug 2 - 5 8AM to Noon and 1:30 to 5. These blocks of time may be assigned to all students or rotating groups with the band based on protocols.
-Thursday, Aug 2nd will be a Performance Day. We will have a camera crew from the University of Illinois come to record the students as they perform the music and drill they
learned during their first and second weeks of camp. Thursday, Aug 2nd will be our last day of camp. We will plan to have a parent preview performance at 5PM. Students will be dismissed at 3PM so they can go home to change clothes before the preview performance.

Thank you for all of your support over this past year! We are very proud to report that the band at Centennial has continued to grow even through these strange times!
Very specific information regarding these rehearsal days will be sent as we get guidance from CDC, IDPH, IHSA, and our local administration.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.