3 Dates: Gala - All Bands Sat, April 2nd 5-9pm; IHSA Contest All Bands Sat, April 9th Schedule TBA; Jazz Only Friday, April 8th PM

Mike Allen

Mar 1, 2022, 1:45:24 PM3/1/22
to Charger Bands
Dear Band Family:

We have several upcoming events that will happen back to back April 2nd, 8th, and 9th. Here is a summary followed by details:

Saturday, April 2nd: Spring Gala. This event has been our largest fundraiser of previous years. We will have bands from Jefferson, Edison, and Franklin joining us from 5:00pm to 9:00pm at Faith United Methodist Church. This large venue allows us to set up two stages for rotating performances. In the past, we have decorated the room and auctioned off donated items from the community, sold desert items, raffle tickets, ice cream, and even dinner. We can do anything we want to make this event as attractive and fun as possible. If you have any ideas or experience with making events special, please let us know in this link.

Friday, April 8th: Jazz Bands perform at Central's jazz fest in their gymnasium. Students meet at Central one hour before their performance time. Times TBA

Saturday, April 9th: IHSA Organizational Contest. We will host this event for the first time. We will have both concert bands and both jazz bands perform. The performance schedule is still TBA. We will be hosting Rantoul and Heritage High Schools. They and we will have bands, jazz bands, choirs, and orchestras. The first ensembles will begin at 9:00 and the last ensembles will perform around the middle of the afternoon. All parents and students are encouraged to support the performances of all of the schools. Centennial's ensembles will perform earlier in the day to allow for conflicts with archery and other events happening that day. We will send information soon regarding volunteering to serve as guides, hospitality, concessions, and other logistics.

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.

Gala 2022 Schedule.pdf