Update on Call Times for Saturday, April 3rd Home Football Game for Band and Color Guard Students Centennial vs Central!

Mike Allen

Mar 25, 2021, 12:39:33 PM3/25/21
Here are a few more details regarding our upcoming performance on Saturday, April 3rd at the Centennial vs Central home football game.
All are invited to attend the game including parents, family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else you can think of. There is a cap of 1,000 people. They do not expect to reach that cap. However, the gates will keep a count and attendance will be first come, first serve.

Sectionals are optional and will begin at 11:30 AM by the stadium on the practice field by the trailers.... not the old band field.
Full Rehearsal will all band and flags will begin at 12:00 Noon at the same location.
After a 40 minute rehearsal, we will set up for pregame, the national anthem, the fight song, and bleacher tunes.
We will play throughout the game. We will play our halftime music and more at halftime. We will not go on the field. We will stay in the bleachers and on the track. The reason we are not going on the field is it would simply take too long for us to move while staying distanced.
We will continue to play to the end of the game after the students have a break.

Please encourage your student to practice enough to build up their strength to play for this event. This will be the most they have played in a year.

Color Guard students will be encouraged to join in on everything with visuals, dances, and flag work!

Students will be responsible for their own water (two or more bottles encouraged per student), snacks, sunscreen, and sunglasses.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.