Two Basketball Games, Two Concerts, and a Chili Supper!

Mike Allen

Nov 30, 2022, 1:41:43 PM11/30/22
Dear Band Family:

Today and yesterday we had a guest artist, Ronald Carter, come in to work with your students. His visit was made possible by financial support from the Band Boosters and CU Schools Foundation. CUSF provided $3,000 and our boosters, Centrals', Jeffersons', and Edison's boosters all will contribute to pay for his travel and hotel. Please ask your students about him. Hopefully they have good stories to tell. :-)

We have several upcoming events:

-This Friday, Silver Band Pep Band 6PM call time in Centennial shirts.

-Tuesday, Dec 6th: All Students for Pep Band 6PM call time in Centennial shirts. Jazz Students will perform for the Chili Supper starting at 5:30. Call Time for jazz students is 5PM to set up. Students with conflicts for the early call time will just need to let a director know this week so we can plan ahead. The Band Boosters will be hosting a chili dinner fundraiser on Tuesday, December 6 from 5:30-8:00 (or until the chili is gone!) We are hoping to draw a crowd from basketball families and high school students that are out to support the basketball team as they take on the Urbana Tigers. We are charging $5 for a bowl of chili and a cornbread muffin.
Water and baked goods will also be available for sale.

-Wednesday, Dec 7th: Jazz Bands performing at the Market Place Mall Food Court. We will load buses right after school and will start playing at 5PM. We will need students to stay to help load gear back on the buses to go back to Centennial. Students who leave with families will need to check out with their parent and a director so we know every student is safe. Students will need to stay in the food court to support their fellow musicians. We will not go into the mall.

-Thursday, Dec 15th: Winter Band Concert featuring both concert bands and both jazz bands. We will have a raffle for winning pies at the concert. If you would like to bake and donate a pie or cake or any other amazing desert for us to raffle off, please watch for an upcoming email with an option to sign up to donate family-sized desert items. If you have any other ways that we can create fun ways to help fund the band program, please let me know! :-)

-Amazon Smile. As you shop for gifts this season, please sign up for supporting the Centennial Band Boosters at Smile.amazon.com. Amazon will donate a half of a cent for every dollar spent to the Centennial Band Program through their Smile option. Here is out to get started.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.

Calendar Fall-Spring 2022-2023 (1).pdf

Mike Allen

Dec 5, 2022, 4:18:48 PM12/5/22
Dear Band Family:

We have several upcoming events:

-Tuesday, Dec 6th (tomorrow): We will dismiss after halftime of the varsity game. This is usually around 8:30PM or earlier depending on the pace of the game. On weeknight games, we will dismiss after halftime of the varsity game. On weekends when we do not have an activity the next day, we will stay for the entire game.