Summer Dates July 18-21 & 25-28, Concert Thursday, Percussion/Drumline/Leaders

Mike Allen

May 3, 2022, 12:05:05 PM5/3/22
to Charger Bands
Dear Parents:

This summer's band rehearsals will be the last two weeks of July, Monday through Thursday each week.
July 18-21   9AM to 3PM
July 25-28   8AM to 5PM
Final Performance for Parents in the Stadium 5PM Thursday, July 28

All rehearsals will be behind the school in the stadium or in the adjacent practice field.
Students will need their own Lyres and Flip Folders for their instruments. I recommend that trombones, mellophones, and trumpets use bell clip flip folders. All other instruments will use Lyres and Flip Folders designed for their instrument and the brand of their instrument.

The Music Shoppe keeps these in stock. Please buy them from the Music Shoppe rather than online because if they do not fit, the Music Shoppe will help you find what fits.

General Idea of what they look like: https://www.wwbw.com/Lyres-Flip-Folders.wwbw

General information about summer rehearsals:
Bring Lunch or Lunch Money. The school will be open for students to eat their lunches. Many students walk to the local restaurants.
Students need string bags to hold water, drill charts, sunscreen, and music.
Wear athletic shoes, sunglasses, and weather-appropriate clothes.
We will alternate between indoor and outdoor rehearsals.

Please reserve these dates so your student can attend rehearsals.

Our final concert for the year is this Thursday. Call time is 6PM. Concert begins at 7PM in the auditorium.

All Percussion students will have their first rehearsals for front ensemble and drumline over the next two weeks, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 4:30 in the band room.
Section Leaders and Drum Majors will have clinics over the next two weeks on Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:30 to 4:30 in the band room.

Thank you! More information will be coming soon regarding Summer and Fall dates.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.