Gala Date Change - All groups performing Saturday, April 2nd

Mike Allen

Dec 14, 2021, 4:36:34 PM12/14/21
to Charger Bands
Dear Band Family:

Thank you all again for your support of the fine arts! We are looking forward to a fun concert this Thursday at 7PM in the auditorium. Call time for students is 6 on stage. Please see my previous email for more details.

Our Gala will be Saturday, April 2nd at Faith United Methodist Church on South Prospect.
The event starts at 5 and ends at 9. It will include items to be auctioned silently, raffles, treats to purchase, possibly a meal, possibly ice cream, a live auction, and possibly more.

This is our largest performance and fundraiser of the year. We will have both concert bands, both jazz bands, and several small ensembles perform. I will reach out to the middle school bands to see if they would still be able to participate with this new date. I will send out a followup email when I know more.

If you are interested in helping make this event happen, please respond to this email and let me know. We can be as creative as we would like with this event. My goal is to provide a positive outlet for the students to perform for each other and their parents in a fun atmosphere. Raising money is necessary to replace several malfunctioning baritone saxophones ($4,600 each), bass clarinets ($2,000 each), and our entire drumline, harnesses, and cases ($25,000 to $30,000 total). In a normal year, we raise approximately $7,000. If you are interested in making a donation towards any of these purchases, let me know and we can talk about targeted donations or a general donation.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.