Band Booster Vote Required, Plus Upcoming Dates: Friday Pep Band, Thursday Concert, Tuesday Jazz Fest! Oh My!!

Mike Allen

Feb 9, 2022, 6:13:10 PMFeb 9
to Charger Bands
Dear Band Family:

Please click this link to select your choice of Tara Lash and Hali Balint or a write-in candidate to serve as Booster Coordinator(s) for the remainder of this school year.

We have several events coming up quickly. Here is a list of a few of them:
This Friday: Both Pep Bands last game of the year vs Urbania. 6PM Call Time.

Thursday, the 17th: Band Concert for all 2nd and 3rd hour band students. Students need to wear dark, nice clothes. 6PM call time 7PM concert in the auditorium

Tuesday, the 22nd (first day back after no-school Monday Presidents Day) Bradley Jazz Festival for all jazz students. These permission slips were given to students last week and are attached for jazz students only.

-Saturday, April 2nd Band Gala which involves every student in every band from 5 to 9PM. We have bands from Jefferson, Edison, and Franklin performing with us that night as well. You will see more information about this event as we get closer. This event includes items for silent auction, live auction, raffles, deserts, possibly dinner, and more. This is our largest fundraiser of the year to pay for instruments. This event is held at Faith United Methodist Church due to the size of the venue and two separate stages set up for jazz and concert bands.

-Friday, April 8th: Jazz Performances in Central High School's Gym.

-Saturday, April 9th (and possibly Friday, April 8th): We will host IHSA Organizational Band/Choir/Orchestra contest. Once IHSA lets us know how many groups are coming, we will know when our bands will be performing. If we have a small number of schools attending, we will likely just have a Saturday morning event in which we will perform and host area ensembles. If we have a large number of schools attending, we will extend the event into the Friday before and throughout the day on Saturday. Much more information will come out once we know how many groups are coming.

-Thursday, May 5th Band Awards Concert 7PM in the auditorium

-Friday, May 6th during the school day: Superstate performance if we win acceptance into this festival. We will record next week's concert and submit it for comments from college band directors around the country. If our recording turns out well, we may be selected to perform at this festival held in the Krannert Center.

-Saturday morning, April 30th Illinois Marathon: New Drumline and New Colorguard first performance/practice. Students in drumline and colorguard will stand and practice along Crescent drive as the runners go by. To the runners, it sounds and looks inspirational! To the students, they are giving back to the community while learning their first fundamentals with an audience that only sees them for a few seconds at a time. Call time is 8am and the runners are usually done passing Centennial by 10:30 or 11:00AM.

-More dates to come. Any new dates will be sent at least two weeks in advance. Dates to watch for include graduation, Spectrum, and more jazz or concert band performances in the community.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.

Jazz Ensemble Bradley Permission slip.pdf