Color Guard and Drumline This Thursday and Friday with General Marching Band Updates

Mike Allen

Jul 13, 2021, 11:23:59 AM7/13/21
Color Guard will meet from 4 to 6PM this Thursday and from 8AM to 10AM this Friday.

Drumline will meet from 3 to 6PM this Thursday and from 8AM to Noon this Friday.

These practices are only for students who auditioned to be in the drumline or who are planning to be in the color guard.

Color Guard Reminders:
Bring your practice flag. If you don't have a flag yet, we will give you one for practice. We will meet by the marching band trailers by the football stadium behind the school. Wear athletic shoes/clothing and bring your own water/snacks. Review the combos that were taught in the previous rehearsal. If you were not able to attend, ask another member to help you.

Drumline Reminders:
Bring a binder, a highlighter, and a pencil. Wear athletic shoes. Review all of the technical things covered in the previous rehearsal. For example, being able to mark time to a beat.
Bass drummers: highlight your splits for the show music and other music before Thursday.

Everyone in the Entire Marching Band:
This summer's band rehearsal dates are set for weekdays July 26th through Aug 5th. All safety protocols will be followed including wellness checks and distancing. The administration is working through the recent ISBE, IDPH, and CDC recommendations. As soon as they give more specific expectations, I will share them with you.

-Monday through Friday July 26 - 30 9AM to Noon and 1:30 to 4:30. Students can bring their lunches or go to lunch with their friends. We encourage students to travel with the same groups that the came to rehearsal with if possible.
-Monday through Thursday Aug 2 - 5 8AM to Noon and 1:30 to 5.
-Thursday, Aug 5th will be a Performance Day with NEW TIMES due to the new open house option for students. We will have a camera crew from the University of Illinois come to record the students as they perform the music and drill they learned during their first and second weeks of camp. Thursday, Aug 5th will be our last day of camp. We will have a parent preview performance at 6PM. Students will be dismissed by 3PM so they can go home to change clothes or attend a portion of the open house for freshmen.
-Everyone, please go to www.chargerbands.com to get registration forms, medical forms, and scholarship forms to help with fees. These forms and fees are due by the end of camp on Aug 5th.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.

Medical Form.pdf
Registration Form.pdf