Chaplin Pride Month--April 2012

Chris Komuves

Mar 23, 2012, 11:25:30 AM3/23/12
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
The Chaplin Conservation Commission is sponsoring a Chaplin Pride Month for the Month of April this year!  Our main event will be the Chaplin Cleanup Day, but we will also have instructional walks of Chaplin Street, the Chaplin Street Cemetery, and Garrison Field.

Look at our web page for up-to-date information, as we may be adding additional events, and please consider signing up for the cleanup day.  If we all work together on this, we can make a big difference for our town.

Chris Komuves
Chaplin Conservation Commission

====================================
Christopher S. Komuves  <c...@kom.com>
====================================

Laume Steven

Mar 23, 2012, 1:00:49 PM3/23/12
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris, I had some trouble getting this to send to the address listed so if you wouldn't mind helping us to help I would be glad to do some road clean up.

Liz Marsden and Steve Laume would like to do N, Bedlam from the 4 corners to #66 and also Palmer from N. Bedlam to the Garrison sand bank entrance.

It would be wonderful if there came a day when this activity was un-nessisary, Steve.

Mar 23, 2012, 2:12:06 PM3/23/12
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steve!  Yes, it would be wonderful if this was no longer necessary, and it really bugs me that it is.  But until thoughtless, self-centered people are no longer around (and/or we can make fines for littering astronomically high), this is an unfortunate reality.  If we can get enough people to step up and help out with this though, as you have, then we can at least stand our ground against the trash, and maybe that example will help at least a little, with guilting some of the trash offenders with having a little more respect for their surroundings.

Chris
====================================

Barry Howard

Mar 23, 2012, 8:20:09 PM3/23/12
to chapli...@googlegroups.com

Chris

Laurie and I and our Grandchildren – Jaden and Nicolette will be happy to clean trash along the entire length of Natchaug street.

Barry and Laurie Howard

Pat Boyd

Mar 23, 2012, 4:38:49 PM3/23/12
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
May I ask who is providing the history of the church?
This is something I have done for the school many times in the past.
Pat B

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 11:25 AM

Chris Komuves

Mar 23, 2012, 8:48:53 PM3/23/12
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
Pat,

If you go to the URL in the email I sent, http://chris.komuves.org/misc/chaplin_pride2012.html , you'll see the full schedule.  Jean Gibbons is doing the Chaplin Street History walk.  I'm sure she'd welcome any additional commentary on the church.

Chris

Laume Steven

Mar 23, 2012, 9:01:46 PM3/23/12
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
My kids and I did the first clean up quite a few years ago.  There was far more accumulated junk than there is today.  The kids had a good time riding the wagon pulled behind the tractor.  It became kind of a game to see how much stuff we could fine.  I doubt any of the kids who have ever helped out would ever have had any urge to litter.

Steve.