Chaplin Cleanup Day: Saturday, April 23rd

Chris Komuves

Apr 20, 2011, 11:59:34 PM4/20/11
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
The Chaplin Conservation Commission has decided to sponser an annual Chaplin Cleanup Day, which will take place on the 3rd Saturday of April each year.  There wasn't enough time to plan it completely for this year, so we are asking everyone to participate in a more informal cleanup day this Saturday, April 23rd (or any chance you have to do help out this month)  Just choose an area of road or other public place to commit to cleaning up, and let us know where it is (and afterwards, what interesting things you found).  We'll post that to the web page for this event.  There will be gloves and plastic bags available for pickup at the Town Hall, and a town-provided dump truck parked at the Town Hall on Saturday that you can use for the trash you pick up (or you can just dispose of it in your own trash can).

Detailed information is available at http://chris.komuves.org/misc/chaplin_cleanup_day.html

Cleanup commitments can be emailed to Chris Komuves at ccle...@kom.com.  Questions can be emailed to Chris or posted to the Chaplin Town Forum (chapli...@googlegroups.com or  http://chris.komuves.org/misc/chaplin_town_forum.html if you need to sign up).

Chris Komuves
Chaplin Conservation Commission

DianeCox

Apr 22, 2011, 9:39:35 AM4/22/11
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
Good for the Conservation Commission for taking over this project. I will take on Chaplin St. and also the part of Palmer Rd. from Chaplin St. to Ridge Rd. Unless I find a lot of garbage I will put it in our own garbage collection bin.

Oodyb...@aol.com

Apr 22, 2011, 12:08:46 PM4/22/11
to chapli...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps a good idea would be to spread the word for others to leave their bins at the end of their driveways for cleanup participants to dispose of trash that they may be picking up in their neighborhoods. This would reduce the need to pay for a truck driver to fire up the truck and move it over to the town hall, and reduce the number of trips, and fuel consumption, by the townspeople making runs to the town hall, not to mention the work and accommodations it will take to handle a potentially large amount of debris loaded onto the town truck. This would help shift some of the inherent costs to the service we already pay for with trash removal.