Songwriters Night in Chaplin

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

myrna

未讀,
2010年12月9日 晚上10:07:012010/12/9
收件者:chapli...@googlegroups.com

Ribbits Restaurant is home for a critiqued songwriter's night each month on third Mondays.  Audience members do the critiquing and I host this monthly event.  My background includes hosting a monthly musicians' jam night, publishing a monthly events list, playing bass in two bands and hosting a weekly music program on Charter TV.  I am an active member of numerous songwriters organizations and I manage the annual workshop stages for the Nashville Songwriters Festival in TN (June) and the Podunk Bluegrass Festival in East Hartford (August).

I started this songwriter event, just a few months ago, because I believe that aspiring songwriters need a way to help them determine how their songs stack up against those heard on the air.  Audience members can provide that vital information to songwriters who normally depend on friends and family members for such feedback. A non-relative can more easily be candid in judging the merits of a song than a spouse or mom. The general public listens to radio, buys music and knows what it likes. Such people, like yourself,  make very realistic critiquers.

Critique data can be quite meaningful and useful to the writer, lasting longer than the ten seconds of applause. I hasten to point out that this is not a contest nor a class on songwriting. It is intended specifically as an opportunity for songwriters to see how the general public reacts to their songs.  No winners, no losers. Just useful, honest feedback.

Writers are screened in advance to assure a place on the schedule. The monthly sessions consist of four pre-selected songwriters, each having fifteen minutes to perform three of their best self-penned tunes.  Their songs are judged by audience members who (have the option to) participate by anonymously filling out a critique sheet for each song performed. The critique sheets are collected and given in confidence to the songwriters who can take them home to study the feedback.

People who come in to eat are most welcome to stay and listen to the songwriters perform their tunes and can even help by filling out the short critique sheet.  Critiquers do not need to sign up ahead of time and all walk-in critiquers are welcome.  Listeners who do not wish to participate in the critiquing are also welcome.  Songs may cover any genre and songwriters need to call Myrna Riquier to get onto the schedule. 860-455-9400.

This event is free to songwriters, listeners  and critique participants.  Stop by on 3rd Mondays and help boost the songwriters' confidence as they share their life's passion.  Sessions start at 7:00 pm. Ribbits is on Route 6 just west of Route 198. Food and beverage service is available in the room. Parking is at the rear of the restaurant,  as is the entrance door.

Call me for more info.  The next session is Dec. 20.  Join us if you can.  Hopefully my announcement is not a misuse of this Google group. Thank you

Myrna Riquier

Natchaug Music Publishing

123 Bedlam Road

860-455-9400

Chris Komuves

未讀,
2010年12月9日 晚上10:32:392010/12/9
On Dec 9, 2010, at 10:07 PM, myrna wrote:

Hopefully my announcement is not a misuse of this Google group. Thank you

Not at all Myrna!  This is EXACTLY the sort of thing this group was created for.  And this sounds like a great event to attend!

Chris

====================================
Christopher S. Komuves  <c...@kom.com>
====================================

myrna

未讀,
2011年1月13日 下午1:40:562011/1/13
收件者:chapli...@googlegroups.com

1)  The next songwriters night is Monday Jan 17 at Ribbits Restaurant. Listeners are welcome and can participate by anonymously filling out a short critique form. Start time is 7:00 pm. To sign up or get more info call 860-455-9400. Free to all each month on 3rd Mondays.

2)  I am looking for a local web designer. Are there any in Chaplin?

Myrna Riquier

myrn...@charter.net

Chris Komuves

未讀,
2011年1月13日 下午3:16:312011/1/13
On Jan 13, 2011, at 1:40 PM, myrna wrote:
2)  I am looking for a local web designer. Are there any in Chaplin?

Well, I am, but I might be a bit of overkill depending on what you need.  I've been writing web-based applications since 1993, including a couple of financial apps each of which processed billions of dollars of transactions, and I've most recently written a video sharing/social networking web site.

myrna

未讀,
2011年1月13日 下午3:56:132011/1/13
收件者:chapli...@googlegroups.com

"a bit", you say?  Hmm.  I'd say that you, being the reigning guru of syntax and logic in Chaplin, if not Windham County, are definitely an overkill for my itsy-bitsy project. I don't even have an apps!  Maybe someone not quite so Wall-Street-ish will turn up.  But I thank you for responding Chris.

Myrna

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄