Upcoming on-campus conference

1 view

Peter Sobol

Oct 22, 2023, 4:51:27 PM10/22/23
to Chaos and Complex Systems Discussion
Blaise Thompson would like you to know about an upcoming conference:

The UW-Madison Research Bazaar seeks submissions for lightning talks, posters, interactive discussions, workshops, and an art meets science exhibit for our 5th annual event, February 7-8 at the Discovery Building. With an overarching theme of Data in Action, the Research Bazaar encourages cross-pollination of ideas among researchers, data scientists, entrepreneurs, and community members, including students.We welcome submissions from all fields and levels of expertise. Some examples of areas where we are interested in presentations about data in action include:Education practice and policyAgriculture and the environmentHealth, wellness, and health careEquity, diversity, and inclusion; law and ethicsOpen science and open source codeCities, communities, and governmentDigital humanitiesFundamental and applied researchAnd more!We especially welcome submissions that highlight the work of individuals from historically excluded groups and/or address ongoing societal inequities.Proposals are due November 10. For more information about presentation opportunities and how to apply, visit our webpage.https://datascience.wisc.edu/data-science-research-bazaar/