Fw: Next Chaos meeting

1 view

Peter G. Sobol

Nov 13, 2023, 10:35:36 AM11/13/23
to 'Peter Sobol' via Chaos and Complex Systems Discussion
Reminiscence from Jim Blair about his time in the Philippines:

Nov 17, 2023, 12:55:42 PM11/17/23
to Sobol Peter G., 'Peter Sobol' via Chaos and Complex Systems Discussion, Allard Terry
Peter— Attached is a 2-page write-up and an additional 4 figures for next Tuesday’s Chaos & Complex systems discussion. Please ask everyone to make their own copies for the meeting.

The first page is basically a fact sheet lifting heavily from Pew Research Center articles and USAfacts.org. I hope people will read the first page on their own before the meeting.

The 2nd page has my speculations about root causes, perceived pro’s and cons, and policy considerations. Hopefully we’ll spend the most discussion in these latter complex topics leading toward ideas on what the US should do moving forward.

Of course this is a huge topic that could easily encompass a full semester's attention (or a career). But we might be able to make some headway on some of the basic facts and issues. I look forward to everybody’s insights (and corrections / additions).

See you all on Tuesday. —Terry

2023c ImmigrationChaosAllard.pdf