Next week's topic

Peter Sobol

Nov 28, 2023, 5:42:31 PM11/28/23
to Chaos and Complex Systems Discussion
Terry suggested that future humans might be augmented by hardware. Jeff has suggested this as a topic a few weeks ago, so should we go with it?

Here's the reading that Jeff found:

Terry Allard

Nov 28, 2023, 8:22:04 PM11/28/23
to Peter Sobol, Chaos and Complex Systems Discussion
Looks like fun.
Jeff, do you want to moderate the discussion?

On Nov 28, 2023, at 4:42 PM, 'Peter Sobol' via Chaos and Complex Systems Discussion <chaos-cs-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Terry suggested that future humans might be augmented by hardware. Jeff has suggested this as a topic a few weeks ago, so should we go with it?

Jim Blair

Nov 29, 2023, 2:02:50 PM11/29/23
to tta...@gmail.com, Peter G. Sobol, CLINT SPROTT, Chaos and Complex Systems Discussion

Remember him?  The  "handicaped man" who was claimed to be too fast to compete fairly against people with legs.

Jim

Nov 29, 2023, 5:08:21 PM11/29/23
to Jim Blair, Sobol Peter G., Sprott Clint, Chaos and Complex Systems Discussion
Yep.He was in the news recently. Up for parole release on January 5th.
I don’t see him playing point guard for the Milwaukee Bucks but he sure was fast.

The challenge for bionic prosthetics is to make them all-purpose with sensory feedback on both position and touch sensation to create a coherent integrated predictive internal model of self. Phantom limb phenomena after amputations show that we don’t even need our limbs to (mis)perceive their presence (once our internal models are well-formed). Our limbs and nervous systems are phenomenal machines. -t