VMware Mangle version 2.0 is available to public

Hemanth Kumar Kilari

Nov 29, 2019, 12:18:46 AM11/29/19
to Chaos Community

Some of the new features include:

  • Support for AWS EC2 as an endpoint
  • Support for new infrastructure faults:
    • File Handler Leak Fault
    • Disk Space Fault
    • Kernel Panic Fault
    • Network Faults: Packet Delay, Packet Duplication, Packet Loss, Packet Corruption
    • Kubernetes Service Unavailable Fault
    • AWS EC2 State Change Fault
    • AWS EC2 Network Fault
  • Support for new application faults:
    • File Handler Leak Fault
    • Thread Leak Fault
    • Java Method Latency Fault
    • Spring Service Latency Fault
    • Spring Service Exception Fault
    • Simulate Java Exception
    • Kill JVM Fault
  • Support for plugging in custom faults at runtime

As an open source project, we greatly value contributions from within VMware and the larger software community. So if you are interested, do contribute to Mangle.

GitHub IO Page: VMware Mangle

GitHub Repo: Mangle GitHub Repository

GitBook Docs: Mangle GitBook

Hemanth Kumar Kilari

Feb 25, 2020, 8:57:55 AM2/25/20
to Chaos Community

gaurav jain

Dec 29, 2020, 6:21:05 AM12/29/20
to Chaos Community
Hi Hemant,

I am interested to explore the knowledge of VmWare mangle tool. Could you please help me install or setup of it on local enviroment  so that i can inject fault with the help of it.
I am not getting much idea about it's installation on my local  from GitHub link.
Please let me know if anything else is required from my side.