Re: [chaos-community] Digest for chaos-community@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Buddy Patton

Feb 21, 2022, 7:46:54 PM2/21/22
to chaos-c...@googlegroups.com
I feel like the equivalent of chaos Engineering in The Human Experience would be the equivalent of randomly firing somebody from their job to see how they handle it, see what happens when your house burns down, see what happens when they exit a relationship xcetera

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022, 7:37 PM <chaos-c...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Andrew Wilcox <andrew...@gmail.com>: Feb 20 06:08PM -0800

I came across some time ago this theory of Chaos Engineering and was
fascinated by the implications in software and technology. It took me down
a wormhole to try and better understand if this principle could be adapted
to human behavior to improve resiliency and decrease suicides.

I am focusing on firefighter mental health and resiliency (I am a full time
firefighter in Utah) as the firefighter population is 3.5 times more likely
to lose a member to suicide as it is in a line of duty event.

I was hoping to throw out a wide net to people here if anyone is aware of
research showing the principles of chaos engineering being used in
psychology and/or human behavior. Or even research on how it is applied in
technology that would demonstrate the possibility of its effects in human
behavior.

thank you,