My talk: Planning for Failure using Chaos Engineering

Amit Saha

Sep 13, 2021, 12:41:35 AM9/13/21
to Chaos Community
Hi everyone, I delivered a talk on chaos engineering at the recently
concluded PyCon Australia conference.

It is titled “Planning for Failure using Chaos Engineering”. Over the
past year or so, I have come to realize the value chaos
engineering/wargaming brings to the table when it comes to assessing
the production readiness of services. However, as I discuss in the
talk, it’s not really just about your software’s readiness, it is also
about your people systems. I also intentionally devote the maximum
time talking about the methodologies and principles, rather than the
software tools available to run chaos engineering experiments. That
comes from my personal experience that the value must first be
understood before embarking on your chaos engineering journey.

The video is now available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywFpab9iAE

Slides are here at
https://github.com/amitsaha/pycon-au-2021/blob/main/slides.pdf and
the demo code is available at