Chaos Engineering in human behavior as a way to prevent suicide

Andrew Wilcox

Feb 20, 2022, 9:08:16 PM2/20/22
to Chaos Community
I came across some time ago this theory of Chaos Engineering and was fascinated by the implications in software and technology. It took me down a wormhole to try and better understand if this principle could be adapted to human behavior to improve resiliency and decrease suicides.

I am focusing on firefighter mental health and resiliency (I am a full time firefighter in Utah) as the firefighter population is 3.5 times more likely to lose a member to suicide as it is in a line of duty event.

I was hoping to throw out a wide net to people here if anyone is aware of research showing the principles of chaos engineering being used in psychology and/or human behavior. Or even research on how it is applied in technology that would demonstrate the possibility of its effects in human behavior.

thank you,