[changecamp] Next steps

Gerry Kirk

May 2, 2010, 11:21:26 PM5/2/10
to changec...@googlegroups.com
For this week, let's plan to get some work done via email and Google docs. Some items that seem important to get a start on asap:
  1. Find out if Sault College Native Centre is available Jun 26. The two previous weekends I am away.
  2. Compile a list of key organizations / people we need to start reaching out to. There is a lot of work to connect with people on the whole idea of ChangeCamp. Let's work together to identify those people.
  3. Come up with a core message to share. Doesn't have to be brilliant, just a reminder of the key points.
  4. Start talking to people in list.
  5. Build up social media contacts via Twitter, Facebook.
Anything else seem super important right now?

- Gerry

j...@joannekovich.com

May 3, 2010, 9:05:02 AM5/3/10
to changec...@googlegroups.com
Great!

I will also come up with rough marketing/PR outreach so we can ensure our
messages are timely and consistent. This way we'll all be on the same page
in knowing exactly when and what messages are being delivered and how.

We should also, not just make a list of contacts, but identify how perhaps
they can assist us (if/where relevant)... money, space, food, attendance,
marketing, etc. This won't be relevant for all contacts, but it will help
us take stock of who we can approach for various needs, and who on the
team may have a relationship with these groups/people to secure the
support.

Cheers

> For this week, let's plan to get some work done via email and Google docs.
> Some items that seem important to get a start on asap:
>
> 1. Find out if Sault College Native Centre is available Jun 26. The two
> previous weekends I am away.
> 2. Compile a list of key organizations / people we need to start
> reaching
> out to. There is a lot of work to connect with people on the whole idea
> of
> ChangeCamp. Let's work together to identify those people.
> 3. Come up with a core message to share. Doesn't have to be brilliant,
> just a reminder of the key points.
> 4. Start talking to people in list.
> 5. Build up social media contacts via Twitter, Facebook.

Gerry Kirk

May 3, 2010, 10:56:04 PM5/3/10
to changec...@googlegroups.com
Good points, Joanne.

Part of next meeting will include how we will work together, including tools. I've become re-enamored lately with CRM software, it's helping me really keep on top of opportunities and organize my contacts. The one I am using also synchronizes contact info with GMail and pulls in social media details for contacts automatically.

For now at least, I'll start with a Google spreadsheet and invite you all.

Re: marketing/outreach, team understanding of strategy and tips to make outreach easier helpful. I think a CRM would help here, too with reporting on what's been done/needs to be done.

- Gerry