[changecamp] Status update

Gerry Kirk

May 13, 2010, 8:18:29 AM5/13/10
to changec...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday Jason and I made excellent progress on a toolset for the team. We are testing out a collaboration tool that looks both useful and even fun to use (imagine that). We'll present the tools at the next meeting and show people how to use them.

I also gave Mark Brown Mark Kuznicki's email addy so we can line up a chat and discuss ChangeCamp event format.

Today I hope to get a response from Mark K about tools and finalize tool decisions.

I will take a look at the list of people/groups to contact and contact 1-2 on that list and update the list.

I will also work on a short blurb we can use to convey what ChangeCamp is all about. If anyone wants to brainstorm with me, let me know.

Please provide your own update, even if it is "haven't done anything yet". Indicate also what you hope to get done today.

- Gerry

j...@joannekovich.com

May 13, 2010, 9:05:23 AM5/13/10
to changec...@googlegroups.com, changec...@googlegroups.com
Nice! I too like that new tool you guys set up. Could be the next big
thing actually!

I have not done anything yet... but...

I will be working on an outline of the Marketing/PR Plan. I will fill in
some more concrete tasks to be completed and a time line of completion for
each task. I will have this completed prior to the next meeting to send to
everyone to review and fill in anything that may be missing or want
changed so we don't have to spend too much time on it at the meeting.

I would like to see a blurb perhaps on what ChangeCamp is all about prior
to pitching to any community partners to ensure we're all disseminating
the same message and selling the same idea. I don't want any disillusioned
or misled if that makes sense. Once that is done, I too will begin
contacting potential partners and update that list.

Jerry, I can brainstorm some ideas with you, no problem. I'm at work most
of the day today so tied up with office Symphony work, but off late
afternoon and tomorrow where I can be more focused.

Cheers,
Joanne

John Clement

May 13, 2010, 1:33:33 PM5/13/10
to changec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gang,

John Clement reporting in...In addition to the native center, I had
booked the following rooms J1107, J1140, G1501, J1203, J1303, 1305. The
other rooms that we used for pod camp are off line and are being used
for other activities and cannot be booked.

As for food, can someone (Joanne or Marla,) send me the names and number
of the people who catered the international food event.

John

Mark Brown

May 14, 2010, 1:49:24 AM5/14/10
to changec...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I've updated the 'Task list' spreadsheet Gerry created with the 'action
items' the so-called "less laughter" group committed to in preparation for
next week's meeting (note there were some leftover unassigned stickies that
I don't know what to do with).

To update the 'Task list' with new items taken on by the "J" group
(unofficially led by Jarla) and/or update the items taken on by the "LL"
cool jay group (unofficially led by Master G) click the following link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aqzq2FQ6cufedHFhQzEzaUlGUVpiZzZFRjhla1Q4c3c&hl=en#gid=0

I have also created the first draft of the Working Agreement which can
(hopefully) be viewed by clicking:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dtsq9hk_0cv2tksvf

I have just sent an email to ChangeCamp founder Mark Kuznicki and will
update the 'Task list' when there are details of his response to our request
for a 'skype meeting'.

Keep up the great work folks!

Regards,
MB

Marla

May 14, 2010, 9:10:37 AM5/14/10
to ChangeCamp Sault Ste Marie
Hi John

New to the Sault (newtothesault.com) organized a multicultural event
called 'Passport to Unity'. I don't know the actual people that
catered but I would contact them (Trish Mazzota) and find out who they
had for food.

Marla The G