[changecamp] unconferences and public libraries

1 view

Mita

May 10, 2010, 11:59:22 AM5/10/10
to ChangeCamp Canada
I'm one of the organizers of the Windsor-Essex ChangeCamp. We hosted
our event in the Central Branch of the Windsor Public Library and the
space was a great one for people to meet and collaborate.

I think public libraries and unconferences like ChangeCamp are a
powerful and important civic combination and am I planning to write an
article on this topic for perhaps for the open-access Canadian library
journal called "Partnership".

If you have been part of ChangeCamp, can you please share with me any
unconference conversations or connections made to libraries? I know
that ChangeCamp Canada was hosted at the Metro Reference Library and
that there have been librarian participants of ChangeCamp, but I was
curious if there were other connections that I may have missed.

All the best
Mita

Justin Kozuch

May 11, 2010, 10:06:44 AM5/11/10
to chang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mita,

The most recent ChangeCamp event in Toronto was held at the Toronto Reference Library. Mark Kuznicki organized it (natch), so you may want to touch base with him. :)

- Justin

Mark Kuznicki

May 26, 2010, 9:56:57 AM5/26/10
to chang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mita! Congratulations on a successful ChangeCamp. I'm finally catching up on my ChangeCamp correspondence after a busy few weeks.

We did host a ChangeCamp event at the Toronto Reference Library Appel Salon in Toronto. TPL was also a sponsor and continue to be engaged and supportive of the community, exploring possible collaborations.

I can introduce you to the TPL folks if you'd like.
Mark Kuznicki
Web: http://remarkk.com
Email: ma...@remarkk.com
Mobile: 416-994-2470