Pull petitions based on location

Eric Nelson

Nov 9, 2012, 12:22:29 PM11/9/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if I've missed something in the documentation, but is there a way to pull an array of petitions and/or signers based on location?  Currently it appears that no matter what kind of pull I do, I have to start with a specific user, organization, or petition id.

Eric Lukoff

Nov 9, 2012, 12:37:49 PM11/9/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

There's not yet a way to request petitions or signers by location, but it's a feature we'd love to offer. We'll keep it on our list for possible future development.

I can definitely think of a few possible uses, but I'm interested to know, what is your particular use case?

Eric

--
Eric Lukoff
Product Manager

Eric Nelson

Nov 9, 2012, 4:03:46 PM11/9/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if my response appears multiple times somewhere, I'm not sure where my earlier response post went.

I'm working on a project that helps like-minded community members find petitions to sign.  To narrow my question, I'm wondering if there is a way to pull petition information without having to have target a specific petition via its id or URL.

Eric Lukoff

Nov 12, 2012, 5:21:58 PM11/12/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Eric - Thanks for letting me know what you'd be using it for. We'll definitely keep that in mind as we're building out more functionality.

Eric

Rodney Hoinkes

Sep 26, 2013, 7:43:46 PM9/26/13
to change-...@googlegroups.com
I too would love this feature. I have developed a community-focused website and members certainly do use change.org but I can only access this if they submit the URL. I would love to search by the location (keyword for the location should be ok) to obtain petitions that I can fill out on the website.