Unauthorized request error

Angeline Mutima

Sep 15, 2015, 9:50:35 PM9/15/15
to Change.org API
Hello,

We launched Change.org petition API on our site readdress-success.strayer.edu and haven't gotten any issues until now.

Requests to Change.org are throwing the following error even after our authorization request has been verified. This occurs when users try to sign the Change.org petition from our site.

{"result":"failure","messages":["unauthorized request"]}

Can you help troubleshoot by checking your server logs after submitting a petition? We have a huge media push for this petition and need users to be able to submit the form.

Strayer Uni

Sep 16, 2015, 8:58:38 PM9/16/15
to Change.org API
Found a solution.

It turns out that the authorization key failed for the account associated with the petition. Created a new change.org account and used a new authorization key instead.

The failure may have been due to the authorization key reaching the limit on API calls. We're not sure what the cause was but the fix seems to have worked.