What makes a petition signature valid in API

Joshua Wheeler

Mar 24, 2014, 4:29:43 PM3/24/14
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,
I work for a non-profit that has a lot of signatures on paper that they will be uploading to our change.org account via an API form I am going to develop. (it will essentially read in a microsoft excel file (or maybe google docs excel, would be easier to automate, just thought about that...) Anyways, when it comes to signatures being uploaded like this, what is it that makes them actually valid and credible? As in, what are the mechanisms in place that protect against signature fraud?

Joshua Wheeler

Mar 24, 2014, 4:31:22 PM3/24/14
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, also, if anybody is interested in the script after its done, Let me know. Just thought it might be useful for others.

38mil...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2015, 5:23:55 PM4/1/15
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshua, I would like a copy of this script if one is available, thanks

Jay Dawkins

Apr 6, 2015, 7:53:35 PM4/6/15
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Josh, my colleague and I were checking this out to integrate with an existing app and noticed the same thing regarding confirming new signatures.  Feel free to email me at jay (at) cityzenpolls.com, would be curious to see what you've pulled together on this, maybe find opportunities to collaborate.