All petition ids

twb

Mar 18, 2014, 3:08:46 PM3/18/14
to change-...@googlegroups.com
I am a PhD student interested in social movements and cultural change. I would like to use change.org data to investigate what kinds of issues get the most attention, why, and by whom. This would include evaluating the content and sentiment  of petition texts (including users' 'reasons for signing'), promotion data (including links to news outlets), and success statistics (e.g. number of signers). I do not  need identity data for this (although the gender, sex, and region breakdown of petition signers would be useful). Is there a way for me to use an API to access summary data of all change.org petitions over a certain timeframe? Alternatively, is scraping the website for this information allowed?

Seçkin Oral

Aug 16, 2014, 3:41:44 PM8/16/14
to change-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem, I'm trying to develop a new Windows Phone app and i can't work without the IDs. I'm willing to show the popular and recent pages but I can't reach to the IDs on the pages atm. I tried scraping the pages but they're running a javascript and data loads after that. I've tried listening the network feed but couldn't get anything useful from there also.