auth key request says "source has already been taken", but I'm still getting the "authorization key cannot be found or is not granted" message

Kevin Sandness

Aug 8, 2013, 1:55:36 AM8/8/13
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

When I try to add a signature to the petition, I get the following error ({"result":"failure","messages":["authorization key cannot be found or is not granted"]}1).

But if I perform an Auth Key request, I get the following ({"result":"failure","messages":["source has already been taken"]}1).

I also tried performing and Auth Key request with another source value and received a result:success and status:granted response. But if I again try to add a signature, I get the cannot be found or is not granted message.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks!

Alain Bloch

Aug 8, 2013, 5:13:49 PM8/8/13
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin!

The Auth Key is generated asychronously to the request so you don't get the Auth Key immediately when you first create an Auth Key. The callback URL that you pass into the Auth Key request will receive a POST request with the Auth Key as a part of the request body.  However, if you do another Auth Key request with the same source and the same API Key as before, then you should receive the Auth Key since it should be created at that time.

Let me know if that clarifies things.

- Alain Bloch

Software Engineer
Change.org

Kevin Sandness

Aug 8, 2013, 5:31:57 PM8/8/13
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alain,

Thanks for the response. I first requested the Auth Key via the "request API access" button on the actual pledge page. I was then emailed a key instantaneously. I next tried requesting an Auth Key by using this example in the documentation (https://github.com/change/api_docs/blob/master/v1/examples/get_auth_key.php). The result also returned a key instantaneously. I'm not sure why these aren't working. I'm positive they haven't been revoked. Any ideas?

thanks for your help.

Kevin

Alain Bloch

Aug 8, 2013, 5:34:15 PM8/8/13
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Will you send your Auth Key to my private Change.org email address? It is al...@change.org . I will look into it for you.

- Alain

Kevin Sandness

Aug 8, 2013, 5:59:28 PM8/8/13
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alain,

Thanks so much. I've just sent you an email.

Kevin
Message has been deleted