API questions

Dariusz Fryta

Nov 15, 2012, 5:06:15 AM11/15/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

I have two questions about API:

1. Is it possible to retrieve latest petitions (newly created?).

As I see I must provide petition ID: petitions/:petition_id or list of ids: petition_ids.

I would like to get petitions from today for example, is this possoble?

2. Is it possible to get organization ID by name? Or list all organizations?

For example I want to know if "Library Foundation of Los Angeles" or some other organization posted some petitions.
I don't know their ID or profile url in change.org system. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help!

Dariusz Fryta

Nov 20, 2012, 12:35:51 PM11/20/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hello again!

Any update on this subject? Is this possible?

Thanks for yours help!

alain

Nov 20, 2012, 1:34:06 PM11/20/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dariusz!

We currently don't have that functionality in our API but we might in the future. What is your use case for this functionality?

LuckDragon

Nov 21, 2012, 10:59:10 AM11/21/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
I also have need of a similar functionality.. I would like to be able to retrieve a list of the current petitions so that I can display them on my site without having to know the specific id# for each on.  or maybe the specific ones for a certain category at least.

Dariusz Fryta

Nov 22, 2012, 5:51:13 AM11/22/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
We are building site where we have charities. In charity profile page we want to show all their petitions (if any) with links to your petition site.

At this moment we are unable to retrieve any petitions (or search organizations), cos we don't have any of yours id's.

Eric Lukoff

Nov 26, 2012, 10:04:30 PM11/26/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dariusz and LuckDragon,

I believe you could achieve this by using the GET organizations/:organization_id/petitions request. Here's more information on that:

This would give you a list of petitions for an organization. To use it, you just need a specific organization ID. To get organization ID(s), use the GET organizations/get_id request:

For that, you just need the organization's profile URL, e.g.https://www.change.org/organizations/sierraclub

Is that helpful?

Eric

Dariusz Fryta

Nov 27, 2012, 4:14:46 AM11/27/12
to change-...@googlegroups.com
Not really :-).

How we can get organization profile URL? Is there some list of available organizations?

As I said we already have own list of organizations. And for them we want to check petitions. In your solution we still don't have organization url.

We cannot go further without searching by name (or listing all available organizations or petitions).

Thanks for your help!