DTMF not received at all from dongle (but sending works)

Linus Kendall

Jul 7, 2014, 7:02:31 AM7/7/14
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have set up Asterisk 11 using chan_dongle together with an E1752 dongle and everything except incoming DTMF seems to work fine. I have tested incoming/outgoing voice as well as incoming and outgoing calls, however no luck on incoming DTMF.

Enabled DTMF logging (dtmf => dtmf in logger.conf) and am not getting any messages at all when attempting to send DTMF from a phone dialing into the dongle. However, when making an outbound call via SIP through the dongle channel I can successfully send DTMF both to other SIP servers as well as via the cellular network.

Current values in dongle.conf (have tested other combinations as well):
mindtmfgap=45                   ; minimal interval from end of previews DTMF from begining of next in ms
mindtmfduration=10              ; minimal DTMF tone duration in ms
mindtmfinterval=20              ; minimal interval between ends of DTMF of same digits in ms
dtmf=inband                     ; control of incoming DTMF detection, possible values:

Is there some configuration setting that I might have missed?

kolmi*CLI> core show version
Asterisk 11.9.0~dfsg-2~bpo70+1 built by buildd @ brahms on a i686 running Linux on 2014-06-02 18:25:26 UTC

kolmi*CLI> dongle show version

chan_dongle: Huawei 3G Dongle Channel Driver, Version 1.1, Revision 34

kolmi*CLI> dongle show device state dongle0
-------------- Status -------------
  Device                  : dongle0
  State                   : Free
  Audio                   : /dev/ttyUSB1
  Data                    : /dev/ttyUSB2
  Voice                   : Yes
  SMS                     : Yes
  Manufacturer            : huawei
  Model                   : E1752
  Firmware                : 11.126.03.01.314
  IMEI                    : ---
  IMSI                    : ---
  GSM Registration Status : Registered, home network
  RSSI                    : 18, -77 dBm
  Mode                    : GSM/GPRS
  Submode                 : EDGE
  Provider Name           : Vodafone In
  Location area code      : 20020
  Cell ID                 : C5AB
  Subscriber Number       : Unknown
  SMS Service Center      : +919830099990
  Use UCS-2 encoding      : Yes
  USSD use 7 bit encoding : No
  USSD use UCS-2 decoding : Yes
  Tasks in queue          : 0
  Commands in queue       : 0
  Call Waiting            : Disabled
  Current device state    : start
  Desired device state    : start
  When change state       : now
  Calls/Channels          : 0
    Active                : 0
    Held                  : 0
    Dialing               : 0
    Alerting              : 0
    Incoming              : 0
    Waiting               : 0
    Releasing             : 0
    Initializing          : 0

Chandraprakash Karande

Sep 17, 2014, 8:41:31 AM9/17/14
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Linus,
I have exactly the same configuration of Asterisk, Chan Dongle and E1752 Modem and facing exactly the same problem :) Additional, I am running Asterisk on Ubuntu 14.01 LT

Since you posted this message in July, have you been able to find a solution to this in the meanwhile. If so please let me know. It will help me a lot.

Regards,
CP

Zhomart

Oct 13, 2014, 1:06:33 AM10/13/14
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Any progress on this issue ?
I am also facing the same problem...

Playing with dtmf params in dongle.conf can partially solve the problem, by recognizing some keys some times.

Zhomart

Oct 13, 2014, 2:25:51 AM10/13/14
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Did you manage to resolve somehow this problem????

Zhomart

Oct 13, 2014, 2:35:22 AM10/13/14
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
I just changed the sim card, switching to other mobile operator has surprised.
All incoming DTMF works perfect. Even If I making a call using previous opererator.

Chandraprakash Karande

Oct 13, 2014, 10:05:16 AM10/13/14
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
I checked with 2 different SIM cards but from the same operator. However one of these SIM cards used to work fine when used in a GSM-VOIP Gateway but they do not seems to work with chan_dongle.

As per your solution i may need to try SIM from another operator. Will try and let you know.

adrian.p...@gdctelecom.net

Nov 3, 2014, 10:04:15 AM11/3/14
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Did you try option ?

dtmf=relax

Chandraprakash Karande

Nov 16, 2014, 8:33:09 AM11/16/14
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Yes but it still doesn't work. My configuration and issue is exactly same as in the original post made by Linus Kendall

Ahmed El-Etriby

Sep 22, 2015, 2:29:10 AM9/22/15
to dongle
Just change the operator, mine solved after testing another SIM from another carrier.

tablet...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 7:09:39 AM3/3/16
to dongle
I find dtmf receiving works on some mobile networks and not others. Maybe it's something to do with how they process and send dtmf packets.

tablet...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 7:16:29 AM3/3/16
to dongle
From experience, in the UK, I find the 3 network best for handling dtmf in this way. Bonus, their 321 tarrif with no credit expiry gives you a trunk that's very cheap to run.

rsam...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2016, 9:58:15 PM4/10/16
to dongle, tablet...@gmail.com
hello, i have same issue as you have or haved, did you make it work?}
regards

sdfsdfsdf

Jan 10, 2018, 9:08:43 AM1/10/18
to dongle
Hello guys,

I had the same problem which was fixed by changing the following settings in dongle.conf:

dtmf=inband
mindtmfduration=40

rmikh...@griddynamics.com

Nov 27, 2019, 11:01:27 AM11/27/19
to dongle
Thank you, this just worked out for me without any sim change with Russian beeline operator

Mostafa Hassan

May 9, 2023, 8:32:45 AM5/9/23
to dongle

thanx