How to force chan_dongle to connect on certain mobile provider

Pol Isidor

Oct 18, 2018, 7:29:51 PM10/18/18
to dongle

The problem is that I’m on the border of two country…and if I put the card from foreign country I have a signal but sometimes it can jump to network and start thhe roaming what is not acceptable for me.
Is there any posibilities to definate to connect on certain mobile network?

I mean on bolded part:

orangepipc*CLI> dongle show device state dongle0
-------------- Status -------------
  Device                  : dongle0
  State                   : Free
  Audio                   : /dev/DONGLE-3G-MODEM-1
  Data                    : /dev/DONGLE-3G-MODEM-2
  Voice                   : Yes
  SMS                     : Yes
  Manufacturer            : huawei
  Model                   : E1550
  Firmware                : 11.608.13.02.00
  IMEI                    : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  IMSI                    : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  GSM Registration Status : Registered, home network
  RSSI                    : 16, -81 dBm
  Mode                    : No Service
  Submode                 : No service
  Provider Name           : YUMTS YUG03
  Location area code      : xxxx
  Cell ID                 : xxxx
  Subscriber Number       : Unknown
  SMS Service Center      : +381650000900
  Use UCS-2 encoding      : Yes
  USSD use 7 bit encoding : Yes
  USSD use UCS-2 decoding : No
  Tasks in queue          : 0
  Commands in queue       : 0
  Call Waiting            : Disabled
  Current device state    : start
  Desired device state    : start
  When change state       : now
  Calls/Channels          : 0
    Active                : 0
    Held                  : 0
    Dialing               : 0
    Alerting              : 0
    Incoming              : 0
    Waiting               : 0
    Releasing             : 0
    Initializing          : 0

The problem is that I’m on the border of two country…and if I put the card from foreign country I have a signal but sometimes it can jump to network and start thhe roaming what is not acceptable for me.
Is there any posibilities to definate to connect on certain mobile network?

I mean on part:

GSM Registration Status : Registered, home network
Provider Name           : YUMTS YUG03

Marco Gaiarin

Oct 19, 2018, 8:00:06 AM10/19/18
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Mandi! Pol Isidor
In chel di` si favelave...

> Is there any posibilities to definate to connect on certain mobile network?

AT+COPS?
http://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/atcops-plmn-selection/

--
Marco ``Gaio'' Gaiarin | LUG Pordenone (http://pordenone.linux.it)
P.zza S. Tommaso, 20 | Lilliput BBS (http://bbs.lilliput.linux.it)

Pol Isidor

Oct 20, 2018, 8:36:17 PM10/20/18
to dongle
Thx for suggestion..
Aprox this is what I'm searching for, just it is somehow uncler how can I definiate exactly the provider to stay only and only on that provider.
Have u some information?

Marco Gaiarin

Oct 21, 2018, 11:30:05 AM10/21/18
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Mandi! Pol Isidor
In chel di` si favelave...

> Thx for suggestion..
> Aprox this is what I'm searching for, just it is somehow uncler how can I
> definiate exactly the provider to stay only and only on that provider.
> Have u some information?

...no, sorry... seems i live not too much far from you, but
sufficiently far from states borders, here. ;-)

Google does not help you?

Paco Gil

Oct 21, 2018, 3:30:27 PM10/21/18
to chan_...@googlegroups.com

Pol Isidor

Oct 22, 2018, 10:01:49 PM10/22/18
to dongle
Hmm..Thx for helping me..but I'm afrid that u didn;t understand my real problem..
The si mcard is from Italy..and the border line is Between Serbia and Hungary. Because Hungary is in EU as the Italy I would like to connect just on (for example Vodafone Hun) and neither of mobile operater from Serbia (because of Serbia isn;t in EU and the price are very high, till in Hungary becuase of EU law the price are same nad "there is no roaming")
In other words, I Italy sim card need to be in roaming (and it is in roaming in both of case) , but to connect only for example on Vodafone Hungary.
In this link and neither on google I coudn;t find this solution.

Pol Isidor

Oct 22, 2018, 10:09:36 PM10/22/18
to dongle
No..it doeasn;t, thats why I'm asking the help from community.