asterisk-chan-dongle updates

Adrian Sandu

Sep 8, 2015, 4:44:51 AM9/8/15
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

If any of you are using newer versions of asterisk feel free to use this branch:
https://github.com/wdoekes/asterisk-chan-dongle/commits/master

It doesn't have many improvements but there are tons of changes needed
to compile against latest LTS. I shared his work on older LTSs a while
ago and have been using them happily.

Many thanks go to https://github.com/wdoekes.
If this helps you, don't be afraid to give him some beers.

Son Goku

Sep 9, 2015, 6:37:50 PM9/9/15
to dongle
another one good for me it the  jstiask version that is a fort too but from the google version site and his version have more updates and forks with asterisk 13 suppor too

why are so many versions can some body make a fusion a merge of the fixes etc

Marco Gaiarin

Sep 10, 2015, 6:17:49 AM9/10/15
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Mandi! Son Goku
In chel di` si favelave...

> another one good for me it the  jstiask version that is a fort too but from the
> google version site and his version have more updates and forks with asterisk
> 13 suppor too
> https://github.com/jstasiak/asterisk-chan-dongle

Last commit is dated 2013:

https://github.com/jstasiak/asterisk-chan-dongle/commits/master

seems pretty ''static'' to me.

I cannot judge the ''quality'' of code, but even looking only at pull
request:
https://github.com/bg111/asterisk-chan-dongle/pulls

Adrian work (and some more by others) are very ''fresh''.

Also, the BTS is full of patches never applied (ok, one by me, that
probably overlap
https://code.google.com/p/asterisk-chan-dongle/issues/detail?id=183).

> why are so many versions can some body make a fusion a merge of the fixes etc

I hope on that too... ;-)))

--
Marco ``Gaio'' Gaiarin | LUG Pordenone (http://www.pordenone.linux.it)
P.zza S. Tommaso, 20 | Lilliput BBS (http://bbs.lilliput.linux.it)

Adrian Sandu

Sep 10, 2015, 6:31:50 AM9/10/15
to chan_...@googlegroups.com

Please forward the patches that you think should go in.. I'll talk with wdoekes and see if we can merge them in that branch and have a pull request ... Maybe bg111 will merge.

Son Goku

Sep 10, 2015, 11:30:38 PM9/10/15
to dongle
there are a lot of paches and  ..... wow i checked them some are from the forks of jstasiak and othes from the original bg11 and looks like they arent aplied in the last version
will be greate fusion it in the version of wdoekes

SMS received one bit shifted (Huawei - E1750)

Sparc loud noise problem

Disabling AT+CNUM command

pdu alfanumeric

Decode alphanumeric originator address

assorted fixes

Handle size byte after UHD

Don't skip UDH

Resolves bg111/asterisk-chan-dongle#215

Fix the issue #137 at bg111#137

Fix for emoji

Iconv have support for UTF-16BE itself

support for send SMS to short (non-free?) numbers

updaet pdu.c chan dongle support for alphabetical addresses

cleaning code

Added one more example.

DongleSendUSSD application based on http://maier.su/topic/making_

Send USSD application example

Fake AST_CONTROL_REDIRECTING

Example of USSD send

Added discovery support for Huawei K3765 modems

Added extra files to use with K3765 modems

CMGS ID in manager/cli - delivery reports

added column to show ICCID

TODO: decode SMS source number

Error parsing incoming message

Can't read/delete messages from storage other than ME

status mode for dongle

Makefile to allow asterisk-chan-dongle to build in openwrt

lack of PIN enabled cards handling

Incorrect 7-bit encoding in 'char_to_hexstr_7bit' and incorrect responces decoding

Patch to support reverse group and reverse rotary

E303

e153 discovery

USSD problems with E156B

Decoding/encoding 7bit messages not correspond to 3GPP TS 23.038 / GSM 03.38

receiving multipart sms

Custom init string (to send at^portsel=1 for E173)

Marco Gaiarin

Sep 20, 2015, 5:01:33 PM9/20/15
to chan_...@googlegroups.com
Mandi! Adrian Sandu
In chel di` si favelave...

> Please forward the patches that you think should go in.. I'll talk with wdoekes
> and see if we can merge them in that branch and have a pull request ... Maybe
> bg111 will merge.

Sorry, is a busy period... i've added my patch to the google code bts,
so probably get imported in github bts.

Anyway, probably it is better to do a global revision of BTS bug (and
patches) as Son do with the subsequent mail in that thread.

I'm not a github user, but probably there's some way to ''tag'' bugs so
we can group together and try to simplify the mess...

Anton A

Mar 5, 2017, 10:28:30 PM3/5/17
to dongle
Hi guys,
This this fork still most up to date?
Please point me the the most updated fork to use with asterisk 13, which has pdu and multipart messages patches applied.
Thanks

Marco Gaiarin

Mar 8, 2017, 5:00:15 PM3/8/17
to chan_...@googlegroups.com

> This this fork still most up to date?

AFAIK yes.

write...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2019, 9:43:47 AM1/26/19
to dongle
Does e1550 dongle firmware cause of oneway audio? I have oneway audio from lan.
Firmware  11.609.20.03.356.

vijay ramnarine

May 10, 2020, 6:15:35 AM5/10/20
to dongle
Did you find the most up to date?
Other than that.
Us there a readme of how to apply a patch?