Huawei E173 3G USB modem does not receive DTMF tone

閲覧: 505 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Waleed Makarem

未読、
2015/01/24 13:16:542015/01/24
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
Dear support team,

Kindly , I need your support regarding strange issue I face with my HUAWEI 3G USB modem Model E173, which support voice calls. When I use   "mobile partner" and make phone calls to another mobile phone , I hear voice clearly into my laptop speakers. But when the mobile phone user on the other side pushes any mobile Phone keypad , I can "NOT" hear DTMF tone into my laptop speakers.
I went to another place (40 kilometer away) , and run Mobile Partner again , now when I call the same mobile Phone , I can hear the DTMF tone when the Mobile phone user clicks any of the keypad. Is this related to device configuration. Which AT command and settings I use to make the device able to receive DTMF tone.

Thanks so much for your support.

Waleed Makarem

未読、
2015/01/29 18:43:062015/01/29
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
Dear team,

Any update ?.

Walid

Adrian Deac

未読、
2015/01/30 6:35:322015/01/30
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Don't want to be an pain, but why do you think that Mobile Partner from Huawei is in any way related to chan_dongle? Have you tried requesting support from Huawei, maybe?

Regards,
Adrian

Deac Mihai-Adrian

W: www.mikesoftware.com
P: +40-745-25.63.64, +40-723-85.44.44, +40-780-99.18.24
F: +40-264-566.033

waleed.makarem

未読、
2015/01/30 17:18:252015/01/30
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com

Dear Adrian,

Thanks so much for your feedback, really appreciated.

Regarding my point, it is related to the the concept itself. for dtmf detection, does chan dongle get the dtmf from sound. ie will the tone be received by chan dongle. and it makes frequency analysis (eg FFT) and return the key that was pressed . OR ,chan_dongle gets the the dtmf as digital data sent from the gsm cell tower ?

Thanks again for your support.
Waleed

Adrian Deac <ady...@gmail.com> wrote:

Alejandro Donato

未読、
2015/01/30 17:29:222015/01/30
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
DTMF are transmitted, in analog way, via the sound channel of the
communication.

There is no digital data way, under an analog call (like a cellphone
call) to send them.

Usually, when DTMF are not detected, uses to be because the network is
not working properly.

A high silence suppression value on a cellphone call can make DTMF too
short to be detected. The suppression values are per antenna, so, you
can find a node that works with DTMF and some other that not.

Its a cellphone network problem, not related to chan_dongle.

You can try to 'relax' DTMF settings in channel to try to make them work.

Hope this info helps.

El 30/01/15 a las 21:17, waleed.makarem escribió:
> --

Waleed Makarem

未読、
2015/01/31 10:35:332015/01/31
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Donato ,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it so much.

Regarding your point, how to relax DTMF setting ? , and what does this mean ?. What about changing the setting of the dongle , eg from 3G to 2G ?
Just to confirm your point, I have already tested the DTMF in my Area , it did NOT work. When I went to another place (with different cell tower) , it worked like charm. So , I am sure it is related to Network issue.
BUT , the question , when I called the Vodafone support center , where an IVR replies automatically , the IVR worked without any problem and identified all of my keypad inputs. I assume that Vodafone IVR system will also required this DTMF tone to react. HOW come ?

Regards,
Waleed

Alejandro Donato

未読、
2015/01/31 10:52:592015/01/31
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
Relaxing DTMF rules, makes asterisk more tolerant to malformed DTMF
signals (with wrong duration/length, ie).

in dongle.conf

dtmf=relax ; control of incoming DTMF detection, possible values:
; off - off DTMF tones detection, voice data passed to asterisk
unaltered
; use this value for gateways or if not use DTMF for
AVR or inside dialplan
; inband - do DTMF tones detection
; relax - like inband but with relaxdtmf option

you can, also, modify this values

mindtmfduration=80 ; minimal DTMF tone duration in ms
mindtmfinterval=200 ; minimal interval between ends of DTMF of same
digits in ms

So, if DTM comes to short (due to network audio compression), can be
readed as valid. Try different duration values. maybe, 60 or 40 ms solve
the issue.

Every channel manages DTMF signals in their own way.

i recommend to read http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+DTMF
It's a little bit outdated, but explains how DTMF detection works in any
type of channel.

Hope this be useful to solve your issue.

El 31/01/15 a las 12:35, Waleed Makarem escribió:
> Adrian Deac <ady...@gmail.com <mailto:ady...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> --
>

> --
>

> --

Waleed Makarem

未読、
2015/02/08 18:52:582015/02/08
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Donato,

I think the link you sent make the issue clear for me. Now I understand that , DTMF over GSM can be send as InBand (ie audio of tone is heard by the user) & Out of Band ( the tone audio is not heard by the user). Am I right ?

Question is , how DTMF data is sent . What is the format , and how can I extract from the audio file.

Thanks,
Waleed"
>         <mailto:chan_dongle%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

>     --
>

> --

Alejandro Donato

未読、
2015/02/09 7:27:072015/02/09
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
In this particular channel, rfc method (out of the band) is not an
option. Not all channels can handle this method. SIP INFO, is for SIP
channels, so, dont apply to this channel too.

The sequence this channel uses DTMF is easy. You can or can not process
DTMFs. They are always in audio.

To check readed DTMFs, use, ie, 'tail' on the channel log (or asterisk
or channel debug log) and 'grep' for DTMF. The example is in the link.

DTMF is sent via audio as a tone of a specific frequency and duration.
As a user input is not perfect (in terms of duration) there is a minimum
limit. If the user don accomplish with this minimum, the dtmf is not
passed. This value is the one i suggest you to change.

The format, depends on the channel. A-LAW or U-LAW are the most used in
local channels, due to audio quality.

There is no need to extract them from audio. Channel do it for you, if
the settings are the rights. You can set an extension to dump readed
DTMFs in a txt file, if you want.

El 08/02/15 a las 20:52, Waleed Makarem escribió:
> > <alejandr...@gmail.com <javascript:>
> > Adrian Deac <ady...@gmail.com <javascript:>
> <mailto:ady...@gmail.com <javascript:>>> wrote:
> >
> > --
> <http://googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:chan_dongle%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <javascript:>>
> > <mailto:chan_dongle+...@googlegroups.com
> <javascript:>
> > <mailto:chan_dongle%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <javascript:>>>.
> > For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/__optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/__optout>
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
> >

> > --

> > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an
> email to
> > chan_dongle+unsubscribe@__googlegroups.com
> <http://googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:chan_dongle%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/__optout>
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
> >

> > --
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --

Waleed Makarem

未読、
2015/02/10 16:49:502015/02/10
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com

Getting a little bit to understand the process , Thanks,
But one issue, Normally I should hear the DTMF tone into the received phone call. But sometimes I do not hear the DTMF tone though I phone caller on the other side press keypad. I am sure that DTMF is sent , but No tone is heared. How come. I guess that DTMF is sent as Out of Band. In this case , How to detect the frequency though there is no sound ?

Thanks,
Waleed

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 8:16:54 PM UTC+2, Waleed Makarem wrote:

Ahmed El-Etriby

未読、
2015/09/22 2:29:102015/09/22
To: dongle
Dear Waleed,

Try to use another SIM other than Vodafone then test again.

Regards

Waleed Makarem

未読、
2015/09/22 15:22:232015/09/22
To: chan_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ahmed,

Ok , I will try. But why Vodafone network is not working now ?. Is this related to the update Vodafone has made to their network 8 months ago ?
Did you try Vodafone , Etisalt or Mobitel ? Are they really working ?

Thanks for support.

Walked

Ahmed El-Etriby

未読、