Lab 4: Canvas bug

Henrik Wahlqvist

Dec 11, 2015, 4:41:59 AM12/11/15
to 2015 Functional Programming TDA452/ DIT 142
Hello!

We noticed something odd while trying out our graphical calculator. It seems that anything ending in even decimals appears on the canvas with a way higher value. Example: just typing 3.5 appears right but 3.6 appears too high on the canvas, while 3.7 seem right. Also 1.4x has a higher slope than 1.3x and so on.
We have tested every function used in Calculator.hs and they produce the correct values. The picture we get when trying out the expression in the lab PM looks exactly the same.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
Henrik

Edvard Hübinette

Dec 11, 2015, 12:14:22 PM12/11/15
to 2015 Functional Programming TDA452/ DIT 142
We're also having some wierd slopes going on over here, but it seems to do calculations properly.

David Sands

Dec 12, 2015, 8:44:51 AM12/12/15
to 2015 Functional Programming TDA452/ DIT 142
I suggest you don't worry about strangeness in the plotting. Sounds like a bug. But feel free to send me a minimal example which illustrates the problem.

Henrik Wahlqvist

Dec 14, 2015, 7:33:18 AM12/14/15
to 2015 Functional Programming TDA452/ DIT 142
EDIT: Plotting works fine on my partners computer. Won't dig any deeper in this then.
Thanks for answers!