SVG brackets coming soon

David Cornelius

Dec 22, 2015, 9:14:59 AM12/22/15
to Challonge API
Happy Holidays from Challonge!

We'll soon be releasing SVG brackets alongside a brand new front-end engine. This is an exciting advancement for us that will enable us to build a much more pleasant tournament experience for organizers, participants, and spectators early next year.

The biggest immediate change will impact our live/printer-friendly bracket images. These will change from the current delayed and unreliable PNGs to crisp, on-demand SVGs. Browser support for SVGs is now strong, especially for the Challonge user base, but be aware that with this move we're officially dropping support for IE8 and below (see http://caniuse.com/#feat=svg). If you're currently relying on these images and want a preview and/or release date and time, please let me know.

Best,
David