SessionS and Datadb

paulg...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2021, 9:12:21 AM6/18/21
to CGRateS
Hi there

Does SessionS need datadb to operate

When running the logs say some aspects of SessionS wont function but it seems to operate ok without a DataDB

My planned design is a dual server corosync/pacemaker cluster with Kamailio/RTPEngine/SessionS with SessionS pointing at Kubernetes for RALS and other CGrates services. I can expose my MongoDB cluster from my K8S  if its needed but I would prefer to keep the database local to K8S if not needed.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

regards
Paul

paulg...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2021, 11:51:30 AM6/18/21
to CGRateS
Version in question is v10.2

paulg...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2021, 4:32:31 AM6/23/21
to CGRateS
Happy this all works fine without DataDb so no need to come back

Alexandru Tripon

Jun 23, 2021, 5:20:49 AM6/23/21
to cgr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

The SessionS works without the dataDB.
There are some APIs that are requiring the dataDB:
- SessionSv1.GetActiveSessions
- SessionSv1.GetActiveSessionsCount
- SessionSv1.GetPassiveSessions
- SessionSv1.GetPassiveSessionsCount
- SessionSv1.ForceDisconnect
- SessionSv1.ReAuthorize
If you want to use them you will need to connect your dataDB.

Thanks,
Trial97

paulg...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2021, 6:59:47 AM6/24/21