Next meetup on February 4th: WebGL special

Jörn Zaefferer

Jan 21, 2014, 4:43:47 AM1/21/14
to cgnjs
We moved our next meetup to one week earlier then usual, so this time it’ll be on the 4th in February. We’ve got two talks about WebGL.

Create a 3D WebGL scene in half an hour!

Jens Arps (@jensarps)

Creating a fancy 3D Scene can be easy as a pie: We'll start with looking at places to get awesome 3D models, then we'll setup a WebGL environment and load these models into it, and finally pick up some user input to move around – Bazinga! And in between, we'll see a couple of useful tools and frameworks, there'll be some info on building a well performing render loop, a look at various useful HTML5 APIs and just a tiny minimal amount of Math. But – it will always be fun, promised!

WebGL in Depth

Kai Niklas (@kainiklas)

Kai Niklas will introduce you to the fantastic World of OpenGL's WebGL. It's based on the OpenGL ES 2.0 API for embedded Systems. OpenGL's WebGL API uses JavaScript and new HTML5 technology to bring 3D and of course as well 2D Graphics to your Browser. 3D visualization in Browsers is still not spread widely, but the possibilities with the new WegGL API are numerous. Just think about a online Shop that you can walk though and take a look at every Article in 3D ... Imagine a real Estate website where you can walk though every building on your own, taking a look at every corner ... Games ... we can´t think of a limit ... all games you ever knew can be played in browsers with no downloading or installing anything ... Visualize business processes in 3D. Everybody Process shown in 3D is easier to realize .... So much more ... with 3D in modern Browsers there are so much options we have not even thought about ...

Hope to see you there!