Is "arrow style highlight" broken on Cygwin? (screenshots included)

Romain Lacroix

Sep 10, 2015, 9:35:12 AM9/10/15
to cgdb

Hi,

CGDB is a great software, it's very useful. I'm having an issue with the highlighting arrow-style with this setup :

- Cygwin 32 bit (on Windows 10)

- MinTTY version 2.1.5-0 and/or RXVT version 20050409-21
- CGDB version 20150216 (from cygwin, also numbered 0.6.7+20150214+git3a710f9-1) or version 0.6.8 (built from source)

The problem is "the highlighted line can not be read because part of its text content does not appear over the background color", which will be easier to visualize with screenshots.
  • Screenshot 1 = Normal behavior : with arrow-style=long and mintty, breaking at line "while (!state->DeferredExit)"
  • Screenshot 2 = Broken behavior : with arrow-style=highlight and mintty, breaking at the same line
  • Screenshot 3 = Interesting side-effect : when I decrease the terminal width, part of the text becomes readable
  • Screenshot 4 = Still narrower : more text becomes readable
  • Screenshot 5 = With another terminal RXVT, same problem occurs

My question would be "is this a bug, can it be fixed by a configuration change or a source-level patch?"

Thank you for reading my request, have a good day

Robert Rossi

Sep 10, 2015, 8:52:04 PM9/10/15
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
Wow, lots of amazing detail here. I'll look into this tomorrow if I can find time.
Otherwise soon after.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi