cgdb 0.7.0 ask help : How to use CGDB Options: -w?

Michael Smith

Oct 22, 2018, 11:10:16 AM10/22/18
to cgdb
I using cgdb 0.7.0. I  need  send input to the program being debugged,but I found that CGDB Manual 0.7.0 about send input to the program being debugged only say "TTY" with command ctrl - T,it seems about cgdb 0.6.7.
I see cgdb 0.7.0 Changed - GitHub :
* Remove the TTY mode and TTY window from CGDB. This previously allowed
    you to send input to the program being debugged through the TTY
    window in CGDB. It is better for the user to run their program in
    one terminal and attach to it with CGDB from another terminal in
    order to get terminal input and terminal output working correctly.

 * Add the -w command line option to CGDB. It directs CGDB to wait
    to start until either a debugger is attached to it, or until a key
    is written to it's stdin. This helps simplify debugging CGDB itself.
But I don't how to use cgdb options: -w

Selection_001.png

Please help.Thank you!

Robert Rossi

Oct 26, 2018, 7:19:07 AM10/26/18
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We did remove the TTY window in cgdb .7. We recommend that if your program takes input from the terminal
that you run it in it's own terminal and then attach to it with cgdb from it's own terminal.

I know this is less than ideal. I'll think about this.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi

Message has been deleted