How to build and debug ASM code in Code Blocks IDE?

Buddha Shrestha

Sep 4, 2017, 9:56:47 AM9/4/17
to cgdb

I tried to runmy assembly program via CodeBlocks IDE, but it gives me the following error:

The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler for ARM) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! (Do you have a compiler installed?) Goto "Settings->Compiler...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler for ARM->Toolchain executable" and fix the compiler's setup. Skipping... Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date).

I'm learning assembly language programming on raspberry pi 2 with ARM Cortex-A7 processor.

Debugging in the terminal console is really painstaking, so I wanted to run it via Code Blocks IDE.

I tried to setup the toolchain path as well but it did not work.

Any suggestions??