Program display

RAFIK SALMI

Nov 11, 2022, 11:21:20 AM11/11/22
to cgdb
Hi guys ,
I am working with kali linux distribution , and my goal is to work in a "C" program where i write those 2 commands :

$ gcc -g -o  hello hello.c
$ cgdb hello

but the terminal always displays what's in the screenshot , the upper half of the screen steal always with that blue text without displaying the program
What should I do ?Capture d’écran du 2022-11-11 17-12-34.png

David Blaikie

Nov 11, 2022, 12:00:02 PM11/11/22
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
This looks OK/expected - your terminal is small enough that the initial gdb header is longer than is visible with CGDB running, so if you press the 'return'/enter key it should show you more, and eventually reach a gdb prompt where you can run commands. (or you can press 'c' to skip past the GDB header/initial output and go straight to the gdb command prompt)