[Semi OT] cgdb analogue for Java?

Wyatt Epp

Jun 18, 2015, 6:32:29 PM6/18/15
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
Okay, this is a long shot and sorry for the noise, but I'm kind of at my wits' end here:  Is there something LIKE cgdb only for Java?

After two years spelunking legacy network/protocol stuff (a task which cgdb made immeasurably more pleasant), I was reassigned to work on some Java-based server thing with entirely too many dependencies.  Naturally, it's blowing up and I want to know why, but jdb is complete and utter trash and every other Java debugger is a GUI monstrosity.  Thanks.

-Wyatt

Bob Rossi

Jun 22, 2015, 9:40:40 AM6/22/15
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wyatt,

The only thing I can suggest is to try to compile the java with gcj (the
gnu java compiler) and see if that works with CGDB.

If it does, we'll probably have to add syntax highlighting for Java.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi