Does cgdb 0.6.8 support the dwarf 4

xpan

May 27, 2016, 6:47:38 PM5/27/16
to cgdb
Hey, there:

My current development environment (Ubuntu 14.04) use gcc 4.8.4, which use dwarf 4 by default.  We found that gdb version below 7.6 does not support dwarf 4, and we upgrade our gdb on old machines to 7.8.4, it solved the problem.

My question is: does the latest cgdb (0.6.8) works with dwarf 4?  If not, is there a way to recompile cgdb from source to support dwarf 4  ?

thanks;

-xp

Mike Mueller

May 27, 2016, 6:53:40 PM5/27/16
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
Bob can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think cgdb cares about the DWARF format at all. It talks to gdb over its external interface, so it just needs to have a gdb installed that is capable of debugging the executable.

xpan

May 27, 2016, 6:56:05 PM5/27/16
to cgdb
Figure it out now. I shall use -d option to specify the gdb to use.