CGDB 0.6.8 released

Bob Rossi

Nov 13, 2014, 9:57:27 PM11/13/14
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
cgdb-0.6.8 Released
-------------------

Downloading:

Go to http://cgdb.github.io/ for download link and instructions.

This new version contains the following changes:

cgdb-0.6.8 (11/13/2014)

* Fix issue #40, the map commands were adding additional new lines
to the mappings. For instance, 'imap a b' in the ~/.cgdb/cgdbrc
file would cause a to map to 'b<cr>' instead of just 'b'.

* Added feature from issue #29, added 'until' command to CGDB.

* Updated autotools configuration files to satisfy warnings and
recommendations produced by autotools when run.

* Fix issue #49, a gcc compiler warning.

* Fixed a hang consuming 100% CPU usage on OS X Mavericks (github #48).

* Fixed a hang when quitting cgdb while inferior is running
(github #1 and #5 and #46). This was believed to be fixed in the last
release but I've finally reproduced the issue and fixed it for good.

Enjoy,
The CGDB Team

Gilboa Davara

Nov 14, 2014, 9:35:10 AM11/14/14
to Users CGDB
Thanks for the head's up.
I'll try and issue a fresh cgdb build for both Fedora and RHEL early next week.

- Gilboa

guy.m...@kde.org

Jan 16, 2015, 8:25:41 AM1/16/15
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
Using ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
I get:
  configure: error: Please install makeinfo before installing

BUT, the software is present:
  which makeinfo
  /usr/bin/makeinfo

I use ArchLinux

Bob Rossi

Jan 16, 2015, 1:37:33 PM1/16/15
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 05:25:41AM -0800, guy.m...@kde.org wrote:
> Using ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
> I get:
> configure: error: Please install makeinfo before installing
>
> BUT, the software is present:
> which makeinfo
> /usr/bin/makeinfo
>
> I use ArchLinux

I'm unfamiliar with why that would be an issue.

We use autoconf standard functions to determine this in configure.ac
AC_CHECK_PROG([HAS_MAKEINFO], [makeinfo], [yes], [no], [path =$PATH])

Can you send in the config.log file that was generated during configure?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi

Amit Nanda

Feb 11, 2015, 7:48:17 AM2/11/15
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
I followed the steps, but i am getting these errors

Making all in gdbmi
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/amit/pkgs/cgdb/lib/gdbmi'
/bin/sh ../../config/ylwrap gdbmi_grammar.y y.tab.c gdbmi_grammar.c y.tab.h `echo gdbmi_grammar.c | sed -e s/cc$/hh/ -e s/cpp$/hpp/ -e s/cxx$/hxx/ -e s/c++$/h++/ -e s/c$/h/` y.output gdbmi_grammar.output -- byacc
byacc: e - line 1 of "/home/amit/pkgs/cgdb/lib/gdbmi/gdbmi_grammar.y", syntax error
%name-prefix="gdbmi_"
^
make[3]: *** [gdbmi_grammar.c] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/amit/pkgs/cgdb/lib/gdbmi'

can you please give some pointers.

강병우

Mar 15, 2015, 6:01:10 AM3/15/15
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
hi i have same problem

I using ./configure

I get
configure: error: Please install makeinfo before installing

How can i solve this issue?

2015년 1월 17일 토요일 오전 3시 37분 33초 UTC+9, Bob Rossi 님의 말:

Mark Odell

Jun 18, 2015, 5:40:53 PM6/18/15
to cgdb-...@googlegroups.com
Install the 'texinfo' package. It contains 'makeinfo'.

For Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install texinfo

For Redhat:
sudo yum install texinfo

Patryk Małek

Mar 16, 2016, 5:27:37 AM3/16/16
to cgdb
Hello,

I have solved this issue on CentOS 6 by installing:

yum install gdbm-devel gdbm help2man