scroller.c guidance

Åke Forslund

Oct 7, 2013, 3:28:25 AM10/7/13
to cgdb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm still trying to enable utf-8 handling and I've completed the easy parts (making cgdb accept the input and calculate string offsets) but I run into trouble when the character line gets as wide as the screen and the program tries to hide part of the line I get a realloc error. I get the same kind of error when I use the up-key to load a previous line.

Could someone explain what happens when the cursor reaches the terminal width? is the hidden part of the line moved to another buffer? is some offset added to what is to be printed? the current position marker is it at the screen-size + cursor pos or at cursor pos? where is this handled? in the scroller.c file or somewhere in libreadline?

Best regards
/Åke