how to do IO in command window

Eric Lin

Mar 1, 2017, 2:10:50 PM3/1/17
to cgdb-dev
Is it possible to , instead of doing IO in separate window, do IO in the command window ? Just like what gdb is doine ?
Thanks a lot.
-- Eric

Robert Rossi

Mar 1, 2017, 2:23:23 PM3/1/17
to cgdb...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately no, because cgdb can't differentiate between input to gdb and input to the program being debugged.

GDB has an advantage. It knows when the debugged program is running and allows that program
to read from stdin/stdout natively.

I know this is an area that needs improvement. Am thinking about it.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi

Eric Lin