Cookie consent solution for wheels integration

Thorsten Eilers

Feb 24, 2021, 1:59:14 PM2/24/21
to CFWheels
Hi,
does anybody has a hint for a european law conform cookie consent solution?
Is the best way to show a bootstrap modal with checkboxes checked off by default, let the user decide and set the selected values as cookies?
Then I load, if the user chose yes, google analytics, etc.?
Or is jQuery the way to go?
Cheers
Thorsten

Tom King

Feb 24, 2021, 3:03:30 PM2/24/21
to CFWheels
I'd probably go the JS route, as otherwise you'd probably need a page reload to capture the initial hit (unless the act of accepting the modal then triggered an initial JS trigger too).
There are quite a few all in one solutions out there - most of them with things like analytics integrations  - one less thing to think about maybe..